Sunday, September 4, 2011

Testing, 1, 2, 3? Is this thing on?

Hello, all!

My new adventures with a blog have now begun. My new adventures in Kenya are soon to begin. I fly out this Wednesday: Indy to Detroit to Amsterdam to Nairobi to Eldoret...whoa. Two full days of travel.  Right now we have tons of family in town- I'm so honored people would spend their time and energy traveling to Indy to spend some quality time as a family before I go. Highlights have included: lots and lots of play time with Caroline (my niece) and Garrett (my nephew), a family photoshoot by the fabulous Caitlin Morgan, walks and talks, a Kenyan Carnival at 2nd Pres for the Umoja Project fundraiser, and a 4 mile race in Broad Ripple (mandatory for my mental health, thank you very much). All of this, of course, was punctuated by periods of panicked list-making, packing and re-packing.

The official countdown to Kenya is 3 days!

1 comment:

  1. yah!!!! I'm so excited for you and to read all your blog updates! I'm already intrigued! :)

    ReplyDelete